Oleh:  Mohd Najmir bin Mohd Maliki (Calon Gelombang 5 VOL-D)

Well, last week, on the 7th of April, me and a few of my friends went to Lembang for a Free Medical Station programme. It was a very exciting for me, personally for it was my very first Balai Pengobatan. So, Dhiny Lidnillah, one of my friends told me that she would go to Bandung first so she asked me to handle those who will be going to Bandung from Jatinangor on that particular Saturday. So it was just me, Shahir and Yolanda, we took the Arnes, then an angkot from somewhere there to Masjid Salman ITB where we all promised to meet. After all of us came, there was a briefing and we started to pickup all our bags and went straight to the village.

It was quite late at night when we arrived, the athan for Isyak prayers just sounded so we all prayed Jamak Takhir. After that we went and put our bags, the boys in one house while the girls in another, we were called to enjoy a very delicious dinner by one of the locals. There was quite an activity that night, Amey, one of the Koas seniors sang ‘Sebiru Hari Ini’ by Edcoustic. We slept deeply that night, for it was a big day for the next.

So, when the day came, my assigned task was at the blood grouping sector. At first I was quite nervous because I am not really good in my Sundanese language, most of my friends back in class taught me was lines such as ‘Abdi te ngarotos’ or ‘Abdi te terang’. The first kid that came was a small boy, he totally cooperated without any signs of pain, so I was quite relaxed at then. Until the third kid that was because he was screaming and crying before I even put on a new lancet into the auto-click, so I was a little bit startled but held my cool.

Hours passed, I changed post from the one holding the auto-click to the registration table, even to the reagent-reading sector. It was tiring but when the sudden heavy rain came, people that came became more and more little. So me, Tsabit and Dina(Minyot) went to the pharmacy sector. Over there we read and interprate prescriptions. Then gave the medicines to the patients with explainations. This and that happened then it was time to leave.

An angkot came to pick us up. The 3 boys sat in front while all the girls sat at the back, most of us slept throughout the journey back to Masjid Salman, when arrived, we called for Arnes Shuttle to pick all the 10 of us from there, while waiting, we prayed ‘Asr prayers, also went to walk around, Akang DanFer waited for us to leave for Jatinangor before he went back, we read the Dua for Sleeping together, then, we slept, and woke up already in front of the gerbang.

Alhamdulillah, it was an enjoyable, educational and satisfying journey J

P/S: aku bukan nga bisa tulis dalem bahasa indonesia apa malaysia, cuman mau temen2 yg lebih enak baca dalem bahasa inggeris bisa mengerti kok :P